First week of bulk diet is done! What a great week. Treated myself to sushi and a little ice cream. But overall I really like where this diet is heading. I need to eat more food and find more recipes!!!
I hardly ever post quotes, but I really love this one: “It’s boring to see the same people; if you’re different, it’s sunlight in somebody’s world.” - Jillian Mercado
And so true. A person is a canvas. Looks are the color of paint, but personality is the technique. What makes artwork impressive is not what color the artist picked, but it’s their technique that truly brings artwork alive.
I like to have fun and be silly. So for the reception we’re having a selfie scavenger hunt. Take pics then post to facebook with a hashtag.
We’re also doing a silly message in a bottle. But I’m having difficulty with questions. So far I have:
- If Aubry and Will were in the witness protection program, what would be their aliases (name, location, job, hobby, etc.)?
- Share a funny memory about a groom.
- Share a heartwarming memory about a groom.
- Describe or draw the grooms next tattoo.
- We the grooms were superheroes, what be their name and power and who would be the supervillain they would fight?
- What movie would each groom want to live in?
- If the grooms wore a dress to the reception, what would their dresses look like?
- Predict where the grooms will be in 10 years.
- What is next on the groom’s bucket list?
- Which band member would each groom be if they were in: ‘N Sync, Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Destiny’s Child & 98 Degress
- Who would each groom be if they were in: Friends, Saved By The Bell, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Modern Family
I’m looking for at least 1 more question to make it an even 12. Or if you have a better question then one of these, I’m totally open to revision.
Day 4 and already over the food I prepped. So I created my own version of bibimbap. ITS SO DELICIOUS! And crazy easy to make.
- left over turkey meatloaf (added a little cayenne pepper)
- black beans
- an egg
- a couple squirts of lime juice
I’m still getting the hunger shakes around 4. I think it’s cause I didn’t eat enough for lunch and ate my protein bar too early. Still lots of kinks to work, but feeling good overall. *^_^*
Day 3 of Bulking
Is carb withdrawal a thing? Or maybe it’s a caffeine headache. Either way, this day has been the hardest.
- 8am: power shake
- 10:45am: honey bourbon chicken with rice and water
- 2pm: chicken adobo with rice and water
- 3:30pm: protein bar and redbull
- Tonight: sushi, turkey meatloaf and a shake before bed
My body feels “stronger” (not the correct adjective but I can’t describe this feeling; it feels like my body is repairing better, lol) but I’m tired with a headache.
I’m debating adding peanut butter on toast twice a day to help with carbs.
Day 1 Bulk
So… the first day went well. Need to make a couple changes:
1) get some protein bars for snacks
2) maybe have a protein drink before bed
3) more veggies
From start to finish it only took me 6-6.5 hours to make 9 meals. I guess I’ll get faster in time. All of the ideas came from noodlesandbeef in his post about meal prep.
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup juice
1 activia yogurt
Meal on left: Chicken Adobo
Meal in the middle: Honey Bourbon Chicken
Meal on right: Turkey Meat Loaf
Got all this plus a pre-workout for $103. Thx GNC for being 40% off at exactly the right time!
My morning shake will be these 3, plus juice, yogurt and frozen fruit. Here’s to the bulk! /tips it
With the support of my husband, I’m now starting a gainer diet. This is my first time trying to meal prep AND gain.
I borrowed heavily from noodlesandbeef I started by adding activia yogurt to the morning shake to keep my digestive tract healthy.
Tomorrow I’ll make 3 dinners and ration them out. Idk if I should eat the same thing for lunch and dinner. :/ More research needed